Marketing and Communications Manager
Part time 10 hrs./week $20 per hr.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2021
Start Date: May 15, 2021
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan for Josephine Sculpture Park that uplifts our mission and vision and promotes our programming to a broader audience. This position will communicate with the Program Director and Artistic Director to determine priorities and develop the plan. Implementation of the plan will include a variety of media and the person filling this position should be aware of current trends and be able to manage multiple deadlines and communicate with media outlets.
Mission & Vision
We believe the ARTS are for EVERYONE!
Our mission is to connect people to each other and the land through the arts. We provide creative arts and nature education to our community and transformative opportunities to artists while conserving the beauty of Kentucky’s native, rural landscape.
Our vision is to be a leader in our community that respects and reflects diverse voices and ideas through shared, creative experiences and responsible land stewardship practices.
Purpose of the Marketing and Communications Manager
To optimize paid advertising campaigns on search engines, social media platforms, and other channels that maximize the online presence of Josephine Sculpture Park. The goal is to drive more people to visit JSP and participate in our programs.
- Manage paid search, display, social, and video advertising campaigns
- Participate in integrated marketing campaign planning with team members
- Share ideas for new marketing strategies with JSP Directors
- Design and send monthly e-newsletter
- Update JSP website and blog as needed (wordpress)
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviors
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data and be a creative problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships
- Eagerness to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to stay up to date on JSP programming calendar and determine prime marketing opportunities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as marketing, business, or communications; or 1+ years of related experience
- Experience with PPC campaign management
- Google Ads Certification
- Experience with Mailchimp and analytics
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager
- Google Analytics Certification (preferred)
- Graphic design; ability to develop images for social media and website
- Social media savvy (JSP currently maintains Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts)
- Familiarity with WordPress and Eventbrite
The application period is now open. Please submit your resume, cover letter, three references, and 3 marketing samples (at least 1 writing sample) to [email protected] by 5 pm EST on April 26, 2021. Please send PDFs only and write MARKETING in the subject line. Interviews will begin April 30, 2021. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] All applications and expressed interest in this position will be handled confidentially.
This position allows for remote work, although familiarity with JSP programming is important and some time at the park would be ideal.
JSP is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, TGNCNBI2-S (Transgender, Non-Conforming, Nonbinary, Intersex, and 2 Spirit) & LGBTQ folks, people with disabilities, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.