Artist Residency and Fellowship
The JSP Artist Residency will provide artists with opportunities to live and work at JSP, create original artworks for exhibit here, interact with the public and lead workshops and/or community activities as deemed relevant by each resident. It will support artists and the development of their artwork while engaging KY residents and visitors in the visual arts. It will serve our region by hosting internationally recognized artists at JSP to engage a rural audience and landscape and by providing significant support to artists from KY who have been traditionally underserved/under-recognized by national opportunities. Residencies are scheduled to allow each artist time at JSP without the distraction of other residents. In many ways it is more like a retreat, allowing artists the time and space to dive deep into their practice with undivided support from JSP staff as needed. The JSP Residency program is supported in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
The JSP Artist Residency will host Fellowship Artists who receive funding and housing to support their residency and exhibition, as well as 365 Studio Artists who are provided housing, studio and exhibition opportunities only (self funded).
- Preference will be given to artists who meet any of these criteria:
- Artist is living and/or working in KY
- Artist identifies as a person of color
- Artist identifies as a woman, transgender or gender non-conforming person
- Preference will be given to artists exploring any of these themes:
- Social justice
- Environmental justice
- or the proposal is site specific to JSP, Frankfort or KY
- Resident Artist must be a U.S. resident or hold valid visa documents.
- Applicant must be active and practicing artist, evident in resume or CV.
- Artist must be 21 years of age or older during the time of residency.
- Applicant’s work must be characterized as one or more of the following: sculpture, three-dimensional installation, multimedia, site-specific, land art, conceptual art, social practice, painting/mural, public art and/or performance art.
Applications DUE: February 28, 2021
Download the FULL APPLICATION HERE: Artist Residency and Fellowship App 2021
2021 Park Manager and Artist Residency
This is a paid staff position at JSP. More information for this residency can be found HERE.