- This event has passed.
SELF-GUIDED Night Sky Tour: Supernova!
May 16, 2020 @ 8:30 pm - 11:00 pm$10
- Look at images of nebulas on NASA’s website: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/gallery-space/en/. Notice the brilliant colors, lines, and shapes of each unique nebula!
- Go outside at dark, look up, find a special star, and imagine a supernova. What might its nebula look like? What is the name of the nebula?
- Draw or paint your nebula!
- There are tons of great, free stargazing apps. Many folks recommend SkyView Lite to start.
- NASA’s Space Place is the go-to site for activities and resources for kids, families and educators to explore astronomy. NASA also launched K-4 lesson plans for STEM at Home.
- Check out NASA Solar System Ambassador and JSP Partner, Dan Price’s Starpointe Astronomy blog about “Astronomy at Home”. Dan creates blog content weekly and will add an observing section so people know what to look for in the sky.
- You can also read Dan Price’s astronomy columns that appear weekly in the State Journal (Frankfort), the Sentinel News (Shelbyville), and the Kentucky Standard (Bardstown).
- And of course, there’s the NASA website. It’s your gateway to everything spacey.
Feel free to contact Dan Price with any specific questions at [email protected] JSP is part of the NASA Museum Alliance! More dates to be scheduled throughout the year.