Environmental & Arts Education Internship
Position Summary: Josephine Sculpture Park seeks an engaging and creative Environmental & Arts Education intern to help us facilitate quality community programming for 8-10 hours per week from late May/early June through August (hours and dates are flexible). Your main responsibilities will be to help develop, promote and facilitate events, workshops, classes and camps. If interested, you may design and implement your own program. You may also work with other interns to help maintain the park grounds.
Reports To: Program Coordinator (primary) & Artistic Director (secondary)
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- (65%) Assist Program Coordinator and contracted artists/educators in facilitating community arts and environmental education classes, workshops and camps.
- (15%) Assist staff, interns and volunteers in event setup, coordination and teardown. Summer events include, but are not limited to, SoundScape! Music & Sculpture Festival, Jeffest, and Blacksmith Hammer-In; will also involve preparation for the Fall Arts Festival.
- (10%) Create promotional materials on JSP website and social media for classes, workshops and camps.
- (5%) Represent JSP at our booth during partner events in the community.
- (5%) Conduct park maintenance, such as weed eating, mowing, invasive species removal and sculptural repair.
Minimum Requirements: Passion for the mission of the organization. Creative. Excellent communicator. Flexible. Team-oriented/collaborative. Some college experience, and background or experience in education and working with diverse populations preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits: Primitive housing on park grounds is provided (living at the park is optional). Some work may be completed remotely. We will work with you and your institution to offer internship/course credit. We encourage you to apply for internship funding through your institution, if available.
To Apply: Please send resume or CV, cover letter and references to Jeri K. Howell, Program Coordinator, at [email protected]. Due March 30. Phone or in-person interviews will take place in April. Position to begin late May/early June.
Questions: Jeri K. Howell at [email protected] or 502-352-7082.