Fall Arts Festival
Sunday, September 11th from 11am-6pm
This event is free. Parking is $5 per car, truck, van, or even a bus!!
This is an experiential arts festival – our focus is providing you, your friends and family with opportunities to make art or experience & watch demonstrations of exciting new processes and techniques. All workshops are led by experienced artists. All ages and abilities are encouraged, absolutely no experience is needed to participate, just be ready to have FUN!
Details are added daily as event develops, please sign up for the newsletter and special event information to get email updates on Fall Arts Festival FREE activities, artist led workshops, KECU music stage, food vendors and more!
Learn more about volunteer opportunities here:
ART Activities scheduled for the Fall Arts Festival include:
– Community project (be pART of the ART at JSP by adding your creativity to our community bench project to be exhibited at JSP!) Led by Jennifer Zingg of Rembrats Art Academy & Full Circle Studio.
– Instrument Petting ZOO, hosted by the Lexington Philharmonic. Make some sweet music exploring a variety of musical instruments from each family at this booth.
– JSP Photo Exhibit by artists who have participated in youth photo club or nature photography workshops this summer taught by Karen Lanier- inside the JSP barn
– Printmaking (Anna Marie Pavlik will guide you through the creation of your own relief print, inspired by nature)
– Book binding (Joanne Price of Starpointe Studio will guide you through the creation of your own book using reclaimed materials)
– Tie dye (Doris Thurber will guide you through tie dyeing – FREE if you bring your own cotton item, or T shirts are available for $10)
– Sticker making fun (create and wear your own stickers)
– Sculpture scavenger hunt (explore JSP in search of sculptures using a full color guide – FREE & WIN art prizes!)
– Camp ARTY Fact activity area presented by the KY Historical Society from 2-4pm
– Learn theater basics at the Bluegrass Theatre Guild booth.
– Get hands on with science and art at the Living Arts and Science Center booth and make some Rocket Sculptures!
– Additional art and craft activities for all ages!
– Anita Bolen will be conducting a wool spinning demonstration throughout the day, stop by and check it out!
– Hot Metal Pour (Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum will help you create your own cast aluminum relief sculpture – $30)
– Glass blowing (Cupid’s Quest will lead you through the creation of your own glass ornament – $35) – Ceramic tile painting – $5
– Blacksmithing (Cupid’s Quest will teach you to hammer your own decorative hook on the blacksmith’s anvil – $25)
Additional FUN at the festival:
– Meet the animals at the Salato Wildlife Center booth – FREE
– Learn to identify KY native trees and invasive species on a nature walk, led by Frankfort City Arborist, Lorri Grueber – FREE
– LIVE MUSIC on the KECU music stage all day long! – FREE
– Learn about some great community organizations including The Franklin County Humane Society, Franklin Co. Arts Council and the Senior Activity Center – FREE
– Explore JSP on a self guided tour – FREE
– Bubble FUN from 3-5pm – FREE
– Community Drum Circle at the Turtle Island Drum sculpture at 4pm (bring your own drum or play with one of ours) – FREE
The Festival is GOING GREEN… Help us ditch plastic water bottles for good by bringing your own refillable bottles to the Fall Arts Festival! “Water Monster” refill stations will be provided by the Frankfort Plant Board. We’ll provide compostable cups as well, or you can support JSP by purchasing a refillable water bottle at the event. With your support of this project, together we will reduce the amount of plastic in our landfills and oceans significantly. THANK YOU!!
KECU Music Stage:
11am: Jeri Katherine Howell & Nat Colten
12pm: Louisville Leopard Percussionists Steel Leopards
12:45pm: WHHS Dance Team
1pm: WHHS Band
2pm: Zoe Speaks
3pm: Heath & Molly
4pm: The Hart Strings
5pm: KY State University Ensemble
If you are interested in participating, either as a performing artist or group, or as a visual artist who would like to conduct a workshop or demonstration, please click here: contact us for an application before Mar. 1, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an art fair that hosts “vendors” who are interested in strictly selling their goods, please do not send email inquiries about renting space for booths or selling merchandise.
This event is sponsored by the Kentucky Employees Credit Union.
Want to be a sponsor? Please contact us to learn how!
Fall Arts Festival Fun Video Blast from the PAST:
More information will be posted as specific events are scheduled for the day.