Fall Arts Festival
2015 Fall Arts Festival at Josephine Sculpture Park
Sunday, September 13th from 11am-6pm.
This event is free. Parking is $5 per car, truck, van, or even a bus!!
Want to VOLUNTEER?? It is super fun, click the button below for more information, and Thanks!!
This is an experiential arts festival – our focus is providing you, your friends and family with opportunities to make art or experience & watch demonstrations of exciting new processes and techniques. All workshops are led by experienced artists. All ages and abilities are encouraged, absolutely no experience is needed to participate, just be ready to have FUN!
ART Activities scheduled for the Fall Arts Festival include:
– Community sculpture project (be pART of the ART at JSP by adding your creation to our community sculpture to be exhibited at JSP!) – Storytelling with Mitch Barrett in the sculpture park – Pottery wheel (Broadway Clay will provide pottery wheels and you can learn the basics for throwing pottery on the wheel)
– Book binding (Joanne Price will guide you through the creation of your own book using reclaimed materials)
– Tie dye (Doris Thurber will guide you through tie dyeing – FREE if you bring your own cotton item, or T shirts are available for $10)
– Sticker making fun (create and wear your own stickers)
– Sculpture scavenger hunt (explore JSP in search of sculptures using a full color guide – FREE & WIN art prizes!)
– Camp ARTY Fact activity area presented by the KY Historical Society – Additional art and craft activities for all ages will be added as the event details develop…STAY TUNED!
Heike Endemann (Germany) will be our Artist in Residence from mid Aug. – end of Sep. and she will be carving on her massive wood sculpture using a chain saw throughout the day. Stop by and see how the work is created!
Chris Wilder will be conducting a raku firing for ceramics. Stop by and see what is revealed through this traditional process.
– Hot Metal Pour (Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum will help you create your own cast aluminum relief sculpture – $30)
– Glass blowing (Cupid’s Quest will lead you through the creation of your own glass ornament – $35)
– Blacksmithing (Cupid’s Quest will teach you to hammer your own decorative hook on the blacksmith’s anvil – $25)
Additional FUN at the festival:
– LIVE MUSIC on the KECU music stage all day long! – FREE
– Explore JSP on a YOGA tour (provided by Frankfort Yoga Stdio) or on your own – FREE
– Bubble Bug from 3-5pm – FREE
– Hot Air Balloon rides from 4-6pm ($10 per person)
– Professional face-painting (prices vary)
– FOOD vendors will be on site – White Lightning Food Truck, Cheesy Mac Food Truck, La Fiesta Grande Mexican Cuisine and Crank and Boom Ice Cream Truck!!
KECU Music Stage:
Billy and the Kid
King Center Step Dancers
Jeri Katherine Howell Bluegrass Blend
Phyllis Free & John Gage
Heath & Molly
Final schedule will be added soon!!
If you are interested in participating, either as a performing artist or group, or as a visual artist who would like to conduct a workshop or demonstration, please click here: contact us for an application.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an art fair that hosts “vendors” who are interested in strictly selling their goods, please do not send email inquiries about renting space for booths or selling merchandise.
Fall Arts Festival Fun Video:
More information will be posted as specific events are scheduled for the day.