- This event has passed.
Sculpture Camp June 12-15
June 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am - June 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm$100
Dates: June 12-15 from 10am-12pm
2 age group levels: all abilities welcome, no experience needed
- Little Sculptors: entering 2nd grade – 5th grade
- Big Sculptors: entering 6th grade – 12th grade
Ever wanted to know more about the Sculptors of Josephine Sculpture Park? Want to delve into the thoughts of some of today’s most famous Artists. Join the Adventure at the Josephine Sculpture Park!
- Each day the we will explore the life of a sculptor and examine their work and materials
- Tour of the Park with stories of the Artists of Josephine Sculpture Park
- We will develop our own sculpture from these ideas and create our own plan to build
- You can work independently or together
- You can continue a sculpture for the whole week or work on a different one every day!
- You will use all of the math, science and reading knowledge from school to create independently!
- Leave with knowledge of materials, building skills, conserving the environment, working with failures, creating from your own ideas, and how to have Fun.
The Sculptors You will be Learning About:
- Minnie Adkins – Kentucky Folk Sculptor – Creating Animals to Tell Stories
- Chakaia Booker – Recycled Sculpture from New York (Will be at JSP and the Fall Festival!)-Use Found Materials to Communicate Ideas
- Richard Serra – Minimilist Sculptor from California – Create a Maquette Playground or Monument
Class fee: $100 includes personalized instruction, tools, materials and supplies.
Space is limited, so please register in advance to save your spot!
Scholarships are available for participants in need of financial assistance. For more information about a scholarship application, please email JSP through our website HERE: SCHOLARSHIPS
Instructor: Jody Jaques