Fall Arts Festival
The 2014 Fall Arts Festival at Josephine Sculpture Park is Sunday, September 14th from 11am-6pm.
This event is free. Parking is $5 per car, truck, van, or even a bus!!
This is an experiential arts festival - our focus is providing you and your friends or family with opportunities to make art or at least experience or watch demonstrations of a few new processes or techniques. All workshops are led by experienced artists. All ages and abilities are encouraged, absolutely no experience is needed to participate, just be ready to have FUN!
ART Activities scheduled for the Fall Arts Festival include:
- Hot Metal Pour (create your own cast aluminum relief sculpture - $30)
- glass blowing (create your own glass ornament - $35)
- blacksmithing (hammer your own decorative hook on the blacksmith's anvil - $35)
- pottery wheel (experience the feel of the clay on the wheel - FREE)
- print making (create your own relief printing block and print to take home - FREE)
- tie dye (create your own tie dye item - FREE if you bring your own cotton item, or T shirts are available for $10)
- sticker making fun (create and wear your own stickers - FREE)
- art scavenger hunt (explore JSP in search of sculptures using a full color guide - FREE)
- additional art and craft activities for youth - FREE
Additional FUN at the festival:
- LIVE MUSIC on the KECU music stage all day long! - FREE
- explore JSP on a guided tour or on your own - FREE
- Bubble Bug from 2-4pm - FREE
- Hot Air Balloon rides from 4-6pm ($10 per person)
- professional face-painting
- food vendors on site including: BBQ, Mexican, Sub Sandwich truck, Cupcakes, Popcorn & Ice-cream!
SAND MOLD WORKSHOPS: Attend a sand molding workshop to get a jump start on your mold for the Hot Metal Pour at the Fall Arts Festival!
sand molds (relief) for all levels: molds are $30 each
Aug. 22 at Completely Kentucky during the ArtWalk 5pm-7:30pm
Aug. 29 at the downtown summer concert on the lawn of the Old State Capitol in Frankfort from 7pm-9pm
sand molds (3D) for intermediate / advanced levels: $100 per mold -
Sep. 6 at JSP from 2-6pm REGISTRATION REQUIRED - space is limited. Sign up here: on Square Market
this workshop includes advanced molding techniques and professional guidance from Melanie VanHouten.
If you are interested in participating, either as a performing artist or group, or as a visual artist who would like to conduct a workshop or demonstration, please click here: contact us for an application.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an art fair that hosts "vendors" who are interested in strictly selling their goods, please do not send email inquiries about renting space for booths or selling merchandise.
More information will be posted as specific events are scheduled for the day.
This event is sponsored by the Frankfort Plant Board, Frankfort Parks, Recreation & Historic Sites & KY Employees Credit Union. Please thank these sponsors!