Fall Arts Festival
The 2014 Fall Arts Festival at Josephine Sculpture Park is Sunday, September 14th from 11am-6pm.
This event is free. Parking is $5 per car, truck, van, or even a bus!!
Want to VOLUNTEER?? It is super fun, click the "volunteer Spot" button on the left side of the homepage to learn more, and Thanks!!
This is an experiential arts festival - our focus is providing you and your friends or family with opportunities to make art or at least experience or watch demonstrations of a few new processes or techniques. All workshops are led by experienced artists. All ages and abilities are encouraged, absolutely no experience is needed to participate, just be ready to have FUN!
ART Activities scheduled for the Fall Arts Festival include:
- Hot Metal Pour (create your own cast aluminum relief sculpture - $30)
- glass blowing (create your own glass ornament - $35)
- blacksmithing (hammer your own decorative hook on the blacksmith's anvil - $25)
- pottery wheel (experience the feel of the clay on the wheel - FREE)
- print making (create your own relief printing block and print to take home - FREE)
- tie dye (create your own tie dye item - FREE if you bring your own cotton item, or T shirts are available for $10)
- sticker making fun (create and wear your own stickers - FREE)
- art scavenger hunt (explore JSP in search of sculptures using a full color guide - FREE)
- additional art and craft activities for all ages by Full Circle Studio & Gallery- FREE
- Paint Rockets – Combine watercolors & chemical reactions to create art that literally POPS! - by the Living Arts & Science Center - FREE
- Community Sculpture with Latitude Artist Community for all ages & abilities - FREE
Additional FUN at the festival:
- LIVE MUSIC on the KECU music stage all day long! - FREE
- explore JSP on a YOGA tour (provided by Frankfort Yoga Stdio) or on your own - FREE
- Bubble Bug from 2-4pm - FREE
- Hot Air Balloon rides from 4-6pm ($10 per person)
- professional face-painting (prices vary)
- food vendors on site including: Staxx BBQ, La Fiesta Grande, Squeeze smoothies & natural snacks, Red Head Cupcakes, Genius in a Box, popcorn & ice-cream!
KECU Music Stage
Karin Pulliam- harp 11:00-12:00
The Louisville Leopard Percussionists Steel Leopards 12:15-1
SS15 Henry V reading 1:05-1:20
Jeri Katherine Howell & Nat Colten 1:30-2:30
Kings center step dancers 2:35-2:45
Hamidou Koivogui w/ special guests Greg Acker and Jeff Ellis drumming 2:45-3:30
V & the dirty pretty 3:45-4:45
Lions of Mercury 5:00-6:00
If you are interested in participating, either as a performing artist or group, or as a visual artist who would like to conduct a workshop or demonstration, please click here: contact us for an application.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an art fair that hosts "vendors" who are interested in strictly selling their goods, please do not send email inquiries about renting space for booths or selling merchandise.
More information will be posted as specific events are scheduled for the day.
This event is sponsored by the Frankfort Plant Board, Frankfort Parks, Recreation & Historic Sites & KY Employees Credit Union. Please thank these sponsors!